Do you experience frequent bearing failures on motors connected to VFDs?
We have a proven solution to this common problem.
For all the benefits of using variable frequency drives (VFDs) with electric motors, they have one common disadvantage: the high-frequency currents they generate can cause damage to the motor bearings.
If the high-frequency currents are not filtered, “choked” or absorbed, it can result in electrical discharge machining (EDM), also known as bearing fluting, frosting or pitting.
O.J. DuPree Company offers a proven solution for this issue: CoolBLUE® Inductive Absorbers. CoolBLUE absorbs the damaging high-frequency currents from the VFD to minimize damage to the motor.
- Extends the life of the electric motor
- Reduces maintenance and replacement costs
- Minimizes unscheduled downtime
How does CoolBLUE work?
When CoolBLUE is installed around the power conductors going from the VFD to the motor, it acts as a common mode choke. CoolBLUE devices filter out damaging high-frequency currents before they reach the motor and bearings. Using NaLA® differential mode chokes in combination with CoolBLUE can further reduce the noise and peak values of current.
O.J. DuPree Company has used the CoolBLUE line for 6 years across all industries. We have installed CoolBLUE on hundreds of motors with VFDs, and we have had no returns.
This product does what it’s supposed to do and does not need to be replaced. CoolBLUE is the best solution we’ve found to increase the life of an electric motor connected to a VFD.
- No moving parts
- Quick, simple installation
- Lasts a lifetime
Don’t just take our word for it.
Dig into the details and find out what makes CoolBLUE the best solution.
- Reducing Harmonic Distortion
- The Effects of EMI on VFD’s and Servo Motors
- Magnetec Analysis Motor Shaft Voltages
- Smart Grid Technology
- CoolBLUE – Grounding Ring Rebuttal
- CoolBLUE – Application – with – CBO326HP1632A23 – Cores
- Whitepaper: Overcoming Motor Bearing Failures in AC Motor Drive Systems
- Whitepaper: Bearing Current and Rotor Impedence
Rotor Impedance of the High Frequency Circulating Bearing Current Path in Inverter-Fed AC Machines
- Technical Paper: 1500 HP installation
- Technical Paper: CoolBLUE protects your whole system, not just the bearings.
- Technical Paper: Common Misconceptions Regarding Common Mode Chokes.
Need more evidence? Let us prove it to you.
O.J. DuPree Company will provide on-site demonstrations with your equipment to show you what a difference CoolBLUE Inductive Absorbers make. With our testing monitor, you will immediately see how CoolBLUE absorbs high-frequency current noise.
Ready to try CoolBLUE?